August 27, 2004

"It's the press of unseen stress, and days that drift and days that stretch." - Silkworm

I've spent a fair amount of time in the past week using the audio search tool at AltaVista to track down random music files. Like great Rocketship songs at the Slumberland Records site. Or cool Bill Dogget 45s ripped to MP3. MLE even tracked down a mother lode of Elliot Smith B-sides. You just never know what you are going to find. I started out looking for this cool Oval record,94 Diskont, and it just snowballed from there.

Chromewaves yesterday made a point I know I have discussed in the past year with Mr. Liek and The Good Doctor and probably many more of you:

"So in a way, it's like my musical addiction is diminishing my overall enjoyment of music."


Like Mr. Waves, I too have just recently finished Kot's Wilco book. I am actually on a bit of hot streak. In the past week I have also finished the Pavement book Perfect Sound Forever and The Curious Incident of the Upside Down Dog in the Night Time.

We took in several films of a free film festival at Faneuil Hall earlier this evening. We definitely got what we paid for.

That is all.

No comments: